Beaver River is currently looking for:
- Computer Resources Manager – must meet Civil Service Requirements. The candidate will have technical responsibilities for planning, overseeing and performing a variety of activities to facilitate the use of microcomputers in the instructional program. The incumbent will work closely with and coordinate activities of personnel by serving as a resource on matters pertaining to microcomputer hardware and software. This is a 12 month position that will start in May, 2014. Skills & knowledge required:
- Use and operation of microcomputers and related peripheral equipment
- Analyzes computer processing requirements to plan a system that will provide capabilities required for projected work load
- Develops & monitors the operational & technology management budget
- Demonstrates & trains users in the operations & maintenance of computer hardware & software
- Troubleshoots any operational problems that arise & take appropriate action to remedy
- Plans, coordinates & implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized use, destruction or disclosure
- Prepares, evaluates & approves bid specifications & purchase orders for information technology products & services
Minimum Qualifications: Two year degree in microcomputer science, microcomputer technology, electronic data processing or related field and two years of experience in the operation of microcomputers using database and spreadsheet software.
Please send letter of interest, resume, BRCS application (school related personnel application), Civil Service application, finger printing clearance to Mrs. Leueen Smithling, Superintendent, BRCS, PO Box 179, Beaver Falls, NY 13305, by April 21, 2014.